This single-use DNA filter capsule is specially designed for on-site filtering of large quantities of (environmental) water with a negligible risk of cross-contamination. The enclosed filter membranes have an optimal pore size for environmental DNA (eDNA) filtration to collect all the eDNA without rapid clogging. The filter capsule is compact due to the design with two separate membranes that provide a huge membrane surface. The eDNA double filter capsule can be closed with “luer lock caps” after use, is suitable for in capsule lysing and preserving and can be stored at room temperature. During eDNA extraction from the capsule, all solid residues remain on the membrane and do not interfere with further downstream processing. The eDNA dual filter capsule meets all requirements as stated in CEN/TC 230 – Water analysis – N 1229.
Note: This is only the eDNA Dual Filter Capsule!
For a complete sampling kit including the eDNA Dual Filter Capsule see:
eDNA Dual Filter Capsule:
- Easy to use: Easy (sub)sampling without pooling
- High yield: Large membrane surface and optimal pore size for eDNA filtration
- No contamination: Enclosed filter membranes and in-capsule conservation
- Clean eDNA isolates: In-capsule removal of PCR inhibitors during filtration and extraction
Large volumes and high eDNA yields:
In comparison to commonly used fi ltering methods in eDNA studies, the eDNA Dual Filter Capsule is able to filter nearly 10 times more water and eDNA than a fi lter funnel and even 20 times more than a Sterivex ™ filter. This results in 10 and 20 times more eDNA, respectively.
- Filter unit type: Closed capsule
- Effective Filter Area: 69 cm2 (dual filter system)
- Filter membrane: Poly ethylene sulfon (PES)
- Pore size: 0.8 µm
- Max inlet pressure: 1 Bar (45psi)
- In and outlet fittings: Luer-lock female
- Size: 108 mm x 52 mm x 130 m (L x W x H)
- Cartridge material: Non-toxic Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
- Sterilization method: Gamma irradiation
- eDNA Dual filter capsule
(Optional) equipment and disposables
- Sampling rod (SYL003)
- Waste bag